Terms and conditions
LEVI’S® WE ARE ORIGINAL CASTING COMPETITION: TERMS AND CONDITIONS NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY FOR PARTICIPATION. THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “RULES”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YOU AND LEVI STRAUSS (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND AS SUCH, THEY SHALL GOVERN YOUR ENTRY IN THE CASTING COMPETITION AND ALL MATTERS RELATED THERETO. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION, YOU: (a) HAS BEEN GIVEN AN APPROPRIATE OPPORTUNITY TO FIRST READ THESE RULES BEFORE ENTERING; (b) UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE RULES; AND (c) CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCORDING TO THESE RULES.
1. THE ORGANIZER: a. This We Are Original casting competition (“Competition”) is sponsored by Levi Strauss South Africa (Pty) Ltd, with the address 17th Floor, Portside Building, 4 Bree Street, Cape Town, 8001 (“Levi Strauss”).
2. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: a. This Competition is open to the first 200 participants who have successfully registered for WAO at the Venue by South Africa Standard Time 17.00. b. All participants must be residing in South Africa and must be 18 years old or older at the time of registration.
3. VENUE & PERIOD: a. Competition will be held at the following address (“Venue”): 115 Smit Street, cnr Henri Street, Braamfontein b. Competition Day: 23 April 2016 c. This Competition runs from South Africa Standard Time 11.00 to 18.00 on the Competition Day. d. You must submit your Story (as defined in section below) by 18.00, 23 April 2016 (Competition Day e. As time will be needed to complete the entry requirements described in section
4 (How To Enter) below, and no entry to the Venue will be accepted after South Africa Standard Time 17.00 23 April 2016. 4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: a. You must: i. visibly wear at least one Levi’s® branded apparel; ii. register in person at the Venue on the Competition Day; iii. agree to be styled and photographed by one of our stylists and photographers at the Venue iv. sign a release form; and v. submit your original story of your Levi’s® experience/memory (“Story”) in writing using the form we provide. Only one entry of Story per person will be permitted. b. Participant who wears other branded denim apparel or apparel with visible branding of other brands will be required to temporarily swop out with Levi’s® products made available on site for the photoshoot. c. You agree that our photographers and videographers will also be roaming the Venue to take and film candid images of you and other participants, and interview and record you and other participants. d. You are encouraged to share your images on social media tagging @levis_southafrica and use the #weareoriginal or #LiveInLevis hashtag. e. The content of your entry should avoid the following theme: pornography, vulgarity, hatred, violence, racial inflammation, discrimination, culturally insensitivity, politically charged or religiously motivated, or material which may contravene any law or regulation.
5. WINNER SELECTION: a. 1 winner will be selected by judges based on 2 main criteria- 1) your photographic image as shot by our photographer and 2) your written Story submitted in the form provided. The best portrayal of the spirit of the We Are Original campaign in the Judges’ opinion will be deemed the winner. b. The judge’s decision as to the winning entry and the allocation of the prizes is final and no correspondence will be entertained. c. Winner will be notified via telephone and/or email by [26 April 2016] and will be given instructions on how to claim the Prize. Winners will be announced on the Levi Strauss® Facebook page www.facebook.com/levis.south.africa and the Levi Strauss’ Instagram feed @levis_southafrica within 2 days of the Competition Day. Two (2) attempts will be made to contact a winner within a two (2) day period on [26 April]. If winner fails to respond within the two (2) day period, or if an e-mail attempt is consistently returned as undeliverable, or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason within fourteen (14) days, or s/he is deemed not in compliance with these Rules, and the prize will be forfeited. An alternative winner will be selected in the first winner’s place. d. Unless it has first obtained consent, Levi Strauss (i) will not collect more personal information than it needs for the purpose of administering and analysing this competition and carrying out publicity as stated in these Rules. e. All personal information relating to the participant will be used solely in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013. f. You agree that Levi Strauss may use your personal information collected through the Competition for marketing or promotional purposes, including using your photographs, images, Story, name and likeness online or through other media or print outlets.
6. PRIZES a. Winner will receive two Levi’s® vouchers worth a total of Rand 15,000, which may be used by the winner to redeem in person Levi’s® products at any authorised Levi’s® Store within South Africa (Levi’s® Outlet excluded). b. No substitution for any prize awarded in the Competition will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of Levi Strauss. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: a. You consent to be photographed and filmed for the intention of being used in the Levi Strauss marketing and promotional campaign in digital, social and in a print.
b. You grant unconditionally to Levi Strauss and those acting pursuant to the authority of Levi Strauss, the right, to print, publish, display, broadcast, use and exploit, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to, the World Wide Web and the Internet, at any time the entry materials, contents involving your participation, Story, content created by the you relating to Levi’s® We are Original campaign (the “Content”), as news, information and for advertising and promotional purposes without any form of consideration or compensation to you or any other person. To the extent that any Content comprises personal information within the meaning of the Protection of Personal Information Act, the participants are requested to consent in writing to the processing or further processing of their personal information in accordance with this clause
7 (b) c. Levi Strauss reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition or the Rules at any time and at its sole discretion without prior notice or assigning reasons for doing so. In the event of a cancellation of the Competition, you agree to waive any rights that you may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against Levi Strauss, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents (“Promotion Entities”). d. Levi Strauss is not liable for non-fulfilment of any obligation in full or in part due to unforeseen circumstances, force majeure events or reasons beyond Levi Strauss’ control. e. Levi Strauss assumes no liability for any loss or damage caused as a result of cancelling, terminating, suspending or modifying this competition and its Rules, and winner’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes, and all such losses or expenses will have to be borne by each participant and/or winner. f. By accepting the prize, winner of this Competition agrees to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities against any and all claims, liability or cause of action for any injury, loss or damage of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, to the fullest extent permitted by the law. g. You agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Entities from and against any and all third party claims and all liabilities (criminal or civil), assessments, losses, costs expenses (including legal expenses on an indemnity basis) or damages resulting from or arising out of or in connection with: • Your breach of these Rules or other relevant terms and conditions; • Your infringement or violation of any intellectual property, privacy of a third party or other rights of a third party. h. Nothing in these Rules or other relevant terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Levi Strauss’ liability for (i) fraud, wilful misconduct or gross negligence; (ii) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or (iii) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law. i. The Competition shall become void in the event that it is prohibited or restricted by applicable laws. Except where prohibited by law, each applicant agrees that any and all disputes arising from or relating to these Rules and any other relevant terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.